How do i use dead space above the fridge

Kathy Gunter LawOlivaNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+5

Space on top of refrigerator

• To Work With My Hands
    To Work With My Hands

You can use it for storage. Find (or make) some pretty bins, baskets, or boxes that match your decor. Or, you could add a basket of pretty greenery or silk flowers - just be prepared that they'll need dusting pretty often.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com
    FrugalFamilyTimes.com

If you can't find a stock cabinet unit that fits, open shelving (or at least one shelf) might be nice. We DIY'd this where our microwave used to be, but you could do similar above your fridge.

https://www.frugalfamilytimes.com/2015/09/when-youre-sick-of-your-old-oak-kitchen.html?m=1

That way things you put above it have a home when you inevitably have to move your fridge out to get something that's fallen behind it 😉

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

I have my long narrow boxes of foil wrap, plastic wrap, gallon size zip lock bags, quart bags, and sandwich bags on the top of the fridge. I know which one to grab as they are labeled on the ends so they are handy and out of the way and do not take up drawer space. Anything you want can to up there. Some people put their boxes of dry cereal on their fridge, others the bananas. Whatever you need that is handy but up out of the way works. My mom used to keep her large serving platters there.

• Anna Avery
    Anna Avery

Thanks, I would like to keep recipe books up there. They end up looking messy and hard to reach when they inevitably fall out if reach.

• Nan W.
    Nan W.

I have a basket, that I use for bags of snacks.

• I have decor pieces on top of my fridge.

• Oliva
    Oliva

Mount some shelving above the refrigerator to permit air circulation, then place items infrequently used there, or use a step stool to retrieve them. Items can be placed in baskets, sealed containers, clear vases, etc.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    Kathy Gunter Law

I have a large shelf above the refrigerator where I keep large items. Very similar to what Oliva says but have to use baskets because some items are ugly.