Make This for Your Fall Front Door!

$60

October is here and it is time for me to get my fall decorating done! It is now or never! I really wanted to do something a little different around my front door this year. I wanted something full and lush to welcome guests to my home this fall. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

I started with 3 pieces of styrofoam that are about 2 inches deep by about 2 inches wide and almost thirty six inches long.  

After cutting my 3 strips of styrofoam, I needed to attach a hook to the top of 2 of the pieces and one to the middle of one of the strips. I need to make sure my hooks are secure, so I took half of a pipe cleaner and coiled it as shown above.  

I bent a wire in half and pushed both ends through my coil (this will keep the wire from cutting through the foam).  

On the back side of my foam I used a button method to keep the wire from cutting through the foam. After pulling the wire through the button I twisted the two ends into a circle to use to hang my foam from a Command hook. 

Here is how my two pieces of styrofoam look hanging on each side of my front door.  

Now it is time for the fun! I just started adding my fall leaves and flowers sticking them into my foam. I kept the flowers and leaves coming out of the front of my foam. 

To keep my decorations narrow alongside my front door, I simply used low temperature hot glue and a package of Dollar Tree fall leaves to hide the edges of the styrofoam.  

I repeated this process for each side of the front door and then for the third piece of foam for over the top of my front door. This is so full, much more so than the usual garland! I am ready to greet guests from now until Thanksgiving! I would love to have you stop by my blog,   Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Chloe Crabtree

• Jesse

Thank you for this tutorial! I saw it last year and we just did it this past weekend. We LOVE how it turned out. For a little added strength, we added some wood trim to the back of the foam. Also, used some fine nails to attach to our door as the weight was heavy due to all extra picks we added!! Thank you thank you!

• Chloe Crabtree

It looks fantastic! You did a great job. I am a believer in 'whatever works for you', so I am glad you figured out what worked and I hope all of your visitors and neighbors are blown away!

• Wendy

Trees twigs and branches what to do??

• Rockynbrooke

How did u attach all the pieces?

• Patti Fennell

Absolutely stunning! So want to give this a shot I'm sure it won't turn out looking like that but I'm going to try. Thank you for sharing!

• MsMargo

Love it