Make This for Your Fall Front Door!

$60

October is here and it is time for me to get my fall decorating done! It is now or never! I really wanted to do something a little different around my front door this year. I wanted something full and lush to welcome guests to my home this fall.
make this for your fall front door
make this for your fall front door
I started with 3 pieces of styrofoam that are about 2 inches deep by about 2 inches wide and almost thirty six inches long.   
make this for your fall front door
After cutting my 3 strips of styrofoam, I needed to attach a hook to the top of 2 of the pieces and one to the middle of one of the strips.  I need to make sure my hooks are secure, so I took half of a pipe cleaner and coiled it as shown above.  
make this for your fall front door
I bent a wire in half and pushed both ends through my coil (this will keep the wire from cutting through the foam).  
make this for your fall front door
On the back side of my foam I used a button method to keep the wire from cutting through the foam.  After pulling the wire through the button I twisted the two ends into a circle to use to hang my foam from a Command hook. 
make this for your fall front door
Here is how my two pieces of styrofoam look hanging on each side of my front door.  
make this for your fall front door
make this for your fall front door
Now it is time for the fun!  I just started adding my fall leaves and flowers sticking them into my foam.  I kept the flowers and leaves coming out of the front of my foam. 
make this for your fall front door
To keep my decorations narrow alongside my front door, I simply used low temperature hot glue and a package of Dollar Tree fall leaves to hide the edges of the styrofoam.  
make this for your fall front door
I repeated this process for each side of the front door and then for the third piece of foam for over the top of my front door.  This is so full, much more so than the usual garland!  I am ready to greet guests from now until Thanksgiving!

Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Marilyn Richmond

I love this but everytime I put a wreath on my door birds make a nest any suggestions?

• Debbie

Yes put ribbons on it or tinsel they do not care for fluttery movements

• Shari Fryrear

where did you get your foam? I want to do this tomorrow for my Christmas door.

• Wendy Arteta

This looks like it would be heavy, especially with the faux pumpkins. How did you attach them, and how to you keep the top from leaning forward?

• It is not very heavy, the faux pumpkins are lightweight and hollow. The one across the top was secured with the same buttons and wire, this one in 3 different spots, on the ends and in the middle.