Make This for Your Fall Front Door!

$60

October is here and it is time for me to get my fall decorating done! It is now or never! I really wanted to do something a little different around my front door this year. I wanted something full and lush to welcome guests to my home this fall. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

I started with 3 pieces of styrofoam that are about 2 inches deep by about 2 inches wide and almost thirty six inches long.  

After cutting my 3 strips of styrofoam, I needed to attach a hook to the top of 2 of the pieces and one to the middle of one of the strips. I need to make sure my hooks are secure, so I took half of a pipe cleaner and coiled it as shown above.  

I bent a wire in half and pushed both ends through my coil (this will keep the wire from cutting through the foam).  

On the back side of my foam I used a button method to keep the wire from cutting through the foam. After pulling the wire through the button I twisted the two ends into a circle to use to hang my foam from a Command hook. 

Here is how my two pieces of styrofoam look hanging on each side of my front door.  

Now it is time for the fun! I just started adding my fall leaves and flowers sticking them into my foam. I kept the flowers and leaves coming out of the front of my foam. 

To keep my decorations narrow alongside my front door, I simply used low temperature hot glue and a package of Dollar Tree fall leaves to hide the edges of the styrofoam.  

I repeated this process for each side of the front door and then for the third piece of foam for over the top of my front door. This is so full, much more so than the usual garland! I am ready to greet guests from now until Thanksgiving! I would love to have you stop by my blog,   Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
Chloe Crabtree

• Susan Beery
    Susan Beery

I’m really liking this adorable idea!! Time to get ready for each holiday

• Lisa
    Lisa

This is an excellent idea ! Perfect for those who cant fit a wreath between their door and screen door .