Small Closet Organization Ideas

$20

After living in our beach cottage for four months I STILL haven’t organized our master closet. Last week, as I was walking down the isles of Target I got an idea of repurposing a curtain rod.

When we moved into this home, we “downsized” about 1000 square feet from our old home.
I have to say I was looking forward to losing a little of closet space so I could really work on organizing and purging. Let me show you the current state of our closet:

What you can’t see is the plastic boxes that line the floor with our shoes.
I needed to find a way to display our shoes. Where you ask? The clothes are already stuffed in this little room as it is.
AFTER OUR CLOTHES WERE MORE ORGANIZED, IT WAS TIME TO TRY OUT MY NEW ORGANIZATION IDEA.
I purchased four of these  curtain rods at Target.  
I hurried home to make sure they looked ok on the wall and actually held one of my shoes.

I also had the idea to hang a few drapery hold backs to hold belts, ties, scarves!
You know I want my closet to look semi decent, so I decided to spray paint both the curtain rods and the hold backs the same color.
Once they were dry, it was time to hang the curtain rods.
Before I hung the “shoe holders” I made sure I left enough room to slide the shoes in from the top.
Next I hung the curtain hold back and added all my belts and scarves.
I also hung a flip flop hanger in the middle between the two hold backs so I could display my flip flops.

ONCE THAT WAS COMPLETE, MY NEW CLOSET ORGANIZATION HACK WAS DONE!
I'm so much happier with my closet now that I can SEE my shoes!
Lindsey**

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Lindsey

• Stephanie
    Stephanie

Great idea scheme!! Any concern though about making the wall pretty dirty?

• Debbie L Sims
    Debbie L Sims

This is brilliant and I feel like this would work well on the inside of a closet door as well. And probably has multiple other uses!

• Jess
    Jess

Can you paint a sheet of pegboard and bolt it in? Then use the rods. This will add more stability and lots of holes to move rods around as needed?