Lindsey
Lindsey
  • Gulf Shores, AL

Small Closet Organization Ideas

$20

After living in our beach cottage for four months I STILL haven’t organized our master closet. Last week, as I was walking down the isles of Target I got an idea of repurposing a curtain rod.

When we moved into this home, we “downsized” about 1000 square feet from our old home.
I have to say I was looking forward to losing a little of closet space so I could really work on organizing and purging. Let me show you the current state of our closet:

small closet organization ideas with curtain rods
What you can’t see is the plastic boxes that line the floor with our shoes.
I needed to find a way to display our shoes. Where you ask? The clothes are already stuffed in this little room as it is.
AFTER OUR CLOTHES WERE MORE ORGANIZED, IT WAS TIME TO TRY OUT MY NEW ORGANIZATION IDEA.
I purchased four of these  curtain rods at Target.  
I hurried home to make sure they looked ok on the wall and actually held one of my shoes.

I also had the idea to hang a few drapery hold backs to hold belts, ties, scarves!
You know I want my closet to look semi decent, so I decided to spray paint both the curtain rods and the hold backs the same color.
Once they were dry, it was time to hang the curtain rods.
Before I hung the “shoe holders” I made sure I left enough room to slide the shoes in from the top.
Next I hung the curtain hold back and added all my belts and scarves.
I also hung a flip flop hanger in the middle between the two hold backs so I could display my flip flops.

ONCE THAT WAS COMPLETE, MY NEW CLOSET ORGANIZATION HACK WAS DONE!
I'm so much happier with my closet now that I can SEE my shoes!
Lindsey**
Lindsey

• Glo2729328
    Yesterday

Did you try putting your shoes in with the soles and heels are facing out vs. touching the wall. But, I realize this way you still can't see the front of them. Another idea is to visit a Dollar Tree store and buy a package of shower caps for each pair of shoes. I believe there are two to a package, one for each shoe or put the pair in one cap and then put them inside the curtain rod. Just an idea.

• Lissa
      18 hours ago

вeaυтy ѕυpply ѕтoreѕ lιĸe ѕally'ѕ ѕell ѕнower capѕ ιn вιg вoхeѕ, eιтнer 50 or 100. тнey are clear

• Em521650456
    Yesterday

How do you prevent the heels and bottoms of the shoes from scraping the wall behind them? Perhaps a protective sheet of plexiglass or a durable fabric needs to be put up first.

• Sha20297895
    18 hours ago

How did you hang the flip flops?

• Charli
    19 hours ago

Have never understood why people take the shoes out of the boxes,bthrow the boxes away, shoes then get misplaced, dusty. Yes, I keep all my shoes in their boxes w/the style, color showing so I know where they are. Just sayin' ...

• Ginger Morgan Ward
    11 hours ago

I with you I like my shoes in the box . I also save the zipper bags sheets come in to kee

flip flops or Sandals