Recipe for getting rid of gnats?

+4
  • Maria Maria on Oct 05, 2018

Paula do you mean fruit flies, if so I make a plastic container with a lid that I poke holes in and fill with white vinegar and dawn dish detergent and leave on my counter. Works great 🤩

• Paula Paula on Oct 05, 2018

Thanks Maria. I saw a recipe with apple cider vinegar and dish detergent and one other ingredient I can't remember on Hometalk. I'll do what you suggested. Whatever works, right?!

• Betty Albright-Bistrow Betty Albright-Bistrow on Oct 05, 2018

How to Make Get Rid of Annoying Gnats

• Add 1 capful of Apple cider vinegar to small bowl of water.
    • Add a couple of drops of dish soap and stir. Place on counter beside sink.
    • The fruit gnats can't resist the apple cider in the vinegar and the soap kills them.
    • Repeat fresh each day until they are all gone.

• K. Rupp K. Rupp on Oct 05, 2018

This is amazing to attract them. Sour beer.. They love it! Use a wine glass and carefully and slowly cover it when they are in there to trap them. Now maybe dish soap added would kill them but I think I tried that and the sour beer by itself worked better. You will have to experiment with what works best.

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Oct 05, 2018

Let the dirt in all of your house plants dry out since this is where most gnats come from.

• Teacup8885 Teacup8885 on Oct 06, 2018

Get n empty soda bottle, put a drop of jelly in n some apple cider vinegar , poke a hole small but not too small in cap, put cap on n place in area they are most!!

• JIM HICKS JIM HICKS on Oct 06, 2018

VACUUM CLEANER