Quick and Easy Harvest Centerpiece

$20

Create a quick and easy harvest centerpiece in about 20 minutes with items from the grocery store, no flower arranging skills required!
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
I gathered some pumpkins and gourds for an easy harvest centerpiece for a fall table.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
You can use any kind of wooden box, basket or tray to build your centerpiece. I pulled out my rustic wood caddy, previously filled with spring-flowering bulbs to  hop down the bunny trail.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
I started with some kale from the produce department of the grocery store. Kale makes a great filler, providing texture to soften and tuck in around edges of your container and provide a base for your arrangement. Kale is hardy stuff and will last a several days without wilting and can be affordably replaced at 99 cents for a large bunch.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
I placed jars filled with water and added some $3 mums from the grocery store, placing the jars in each corner of the caddy.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
Fill in the center and edges with veggies, mini pumpkins and/or gourds and flowers from the grocery store. You can use squash, pomegranates, apples, pears, persimmons or whatever says “harvest” to you, along with the flowers of your choice to build your centerpiece.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
I added some the apples to the centerpiece, using some wooden kabob skewers. You usually find them at the grocery store in 10 and 12-inch lengths, so they’re ideal to skewer an apple to add height and interest to an arrangement or centerpiece. If the skewers are too long, you can easily break them to the length you need. Because the skewers are food safe, you can eat the apples after your flowers are spent and disassemble your arrangement.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
Mums are affordable and long-lasting, providing a bang for the buck and can last up to two weeks if you change your vase water every other day. After your flowers are spent, you can easily replace them, extending the life of your centerpiece.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
Here is the centerpiece at my fall table. Table details and sources can be found at the blog post below.
quick and easy harvest centerpiece
Mini blooming pumpkins make the perfect take-away party favor for your guests and are easy to create, no cutting required. Find the short cut method, here.
Mary @ Home is Where the Boat Is

• Ticia

I love how it looks but wonder, do you utilize the vegetables and fruit in recipes or do you just toss them when they start to wither? I would imagine the flowers could be planted. Just curious

• Hi, the pumpkins and gourds are ornamental. Because the skewers are food safe, you can eat the apples after your flowers are spent and disassemble your arrangement.

• Rebecca

Where did you purchased your plates. Love them! Arrangement also looks great.