Only Gardeners Allowed!

Just like any room in my home, I have to 'remodel' the places in my yard. My potting area is my sanctuary for reviving, creating, and growing many plants that I rescue from vole attacks, dog crushing, dump sites, and markdown racks. I have to be surrounded by plants and by color. That is who I am and how I "roll". Even though my husband and sons feel I am obsessed with plants and saving all 'greenkind', I cannot help that I am not your typical mom who would spend money on shoes or handbags. I would rather buy a $5 distressed Hydrangea than spend $5 on a Starbucks (Oh wait I do not drink Starbucks and I do not think you can find a $5 coffee there). I just cannot help myself.
This potting area is carved out in my back yard between mighty Oaks and other small trees so it is the perfect spot where dappled sunlight pokes through various times of the day. This is my area where I can do what I do and, this may sound crazy, but it is where I feel so alive and creative. Soon I am adding another potting bench with a sink so I can wash pots and my hands instead of making a mess out of my kitchen and electricity (just drop cord) because I work outside until I can no longer see at night.
This is my sanctuary and where my boys cannot trespass. We made a pact as long as I do not grow or save plants in the house- they will not say anything about my gardens, potting area, gazebo, and fountains. So I am thankful we moved to zone 7 (11 years ago) because I can grow and sow seeds outdoors 9 months out of the year!
I hope this inspires you to carve out a notch in your yard for your very own potting area. Everything you see pictured, I have upcycled, spray painted, created, hoarded, and loved for many years. I cannot imagine life without my flowers (oh shoot better say hubby and sons too).
Create what your mind and heart inspires you to do. Love life and garden. If you love it, that is all that matters!
Happy gardening everyone!
only gardeners allowed, flowers, gardening, hydrangea
My mailbox had to be attached to the bench this year because the ladder it sat on could no longer support it LOL
The trellis, a gift from a friend when she moved.
I just love being surrounded by my finds!

The Garden Frog with C Renee