Hula Hoop to a BIG Wreath? Sure!

$14

Want a BIG two foot wide wreath for your home but don't want to spend big money for it? Here's an easy and inexpensive project. Use a hula hoop from the Dollar Store!
hula hoop to a big wreath sure
Materials I used include the hula hoop, mixed autumn garlands and flowers, foam pool noodle, hot glue, wire cutters. I spent less than $15 on the supplies for this project. I already had the hot glue and wire cutters on hand.
hula hoop to a big wreath sure
I cut the foam noodle in half lengthwise and hot glued it to the hoop. This made it plumpish on the front side and flattish on the back side. Those are technical terms.
hula hoop to a big wreath sure
I wrapped and hot glued the whole thing in burlap type fabric I had in my stash. I thought I'd wrap the garlands around the form but ended up cutting each leaf cluster off and gluing them separately to avoid bulk on the back side. It was so much fun to attach all the pretty flowers and foliage and make this wreath pop!
hula hoop to a big wreath sure
Voila! It turned out so bright and colorful and the perfect size to frame that amber glass window in the door. Hula hoop wreath for the win!
hula hoop to a big wreath sure
Up close and so pretty!
hula hoop to a big wreath sure
This hula hoop autumn wreath is a hit!

• Hula hoop  (dollar store)
  • Foam noodle  (dollar store)
  • Faux autumn foliage and flowers  (dollar store)
Ann

• Tab10468073

I am not at a person who can do any form of art that goes for drawings etc this project is exactly something I can do for all seasons . Thank you for showing me this project .

Beautiful wreath. I also used hula hoops for my wreaths. Needed large wreaths for the area on my front.