TB
TB
  • Saint Clairsville, OH

Beaten up Chairs and Coffee Table Become Flower "seating" Area

This chair was a freebie, and the other one I paid $20 for. Both were beaten up and had issues with the seats. But I couldn't let them go to waste.
beaten up chairs and coffee table become flower seating area, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling
I painted and distressed heavily in a yellow chalk paint and found pots that fit inside the already existing seat openings. Then I planted the pots full of pretty annuals and voila~cute recycled planters.
But I wasn't done yet! I bought this old, very beaten up coffee table with a broken leg (I glued it back on) and peeling veneer and broken scroll details for $2. The guy was just going to throw it out, but I offered him $2 and took it away. I had no idea what I was going to do with it until I made my chair planters. Well what good are two chairs without a table?
I took 6 one gallon nursery pots I had sitting around and drew 6 holes on the coffee table for them to sit down inside. I cut the holes out with a jigsaw. Gave it a coat of paint and had a cute table planter to go with my chairs.
All of these would have ended up in landfills if I hadn't repurposed and reused them. Remember your three R's everyone---reduce, reuse, recycle! It's so much more fun than buying new! Hope this has inspired you to think outside the box.

• Roxy Lee

I can't thank you enough for this wonderful idea & for sharing it. It just looks beautiful, I love it & the idea!

• Judy

Very cute idea.