Using Engineering Prints as Beautiful Wall Decor

$15

Hey everyone! Today I'm sharing a project I did a while ago, but one that remains one of my favorite budget wall art ideas! Printing some of our wedding photos as engineering prints :)

(If you aren't familiar with engineering prints, they are black and white, printed on regular paper, and are designed to showcase your line drawings and graphics. These over-sized prints promote high-quality black and white line drawings in a variety of sizes. Engineering prints are ideal for architects and builders.)

The first thing I did was to print some of my favorite wedding photos using the engineering print method. I had mine printed at a local staples.

Next I got some insulation foam as the piece I'd mount the print to. I decided on this because it was really lightweight and could be hung easily in our rental apartment. I cut this down to size based on the size of the photo (keep in mind that you'll need to wrap the edges around like a canvas).

Then I laid the engineering print face down, spray the piece of foam with adhesive, and laid it carefully down on the print, making sure there were no ripples or wrinkles.

I folded the edges over like a present and then hung them on my wall using double-stick adhesive mounting tape.

Here's one of the final prints...

And the three prints in place!

What do you think? I shared a few additional lessons learned and tips in the original post linked below.

If you like large affordable DIY art, definitely check out my massive faux canvas DIY art (a peacock on a bike!) that fills a big empty wall in our living room. You can also follow me on Pinterest for loads of affordable DIY ideas!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
15 Perfectly Round Tables
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
By Brittany Goldwyn

• Dxfrye
    Dxfrye

Also, does the $15 cost for this project involve only 1 photo?

• There are a number of pieces of insulation foam and one can of adhesive, so I am sure that this covers the cost of three pics. and probably a few more.

• Jawene
    Jawene

Did you also refinish the bureau in the bottom photo? It is absolutely stunning!

• Jacquienina
    Jacquienina

I'm unsure what use the engineering prints were. Was it simply to used the foam backing on them?

• Robyn Garner
      Robyn Garner

Engineering prints are far larger than normal copies/prints. They are done at places like Kinko's.