Hi thiis a horror! i have two roof leaks?

+11

I can't seem to find where it is coming in from?? And it only leaks when the wind blows a certain way????Any advise on how to find where the leaks are coming in, I checked the flashing and put that rubber spray on it but it still leaks????? UGH

• Mad29883817 Mad29883817 on Oct 08, 2018

Maybe boards are rotted

• Lynda Lynda on Oct 08, 2018

I have a similar problem around my bathroom fan. And it only leaks when the wind blows a certain way, too. I can't walk around the attic to check as it doesn't have a walkable floor. My son has a drone so I've asked him to send it up over the outside of the roof and see what's happening up there. Too steep for us to physically get up there. Maybe you could do the same?

• Kathy Kathy on Oct 08, 2018

Seek the advice of a professional

• See 1 previous
    • Kathy Kathy on Oct 08, 2018

The hose isn't the same as rain. If your roof is only 8 years old, it should still be under warranty. Call the company that installed it.

• Tinyshoes Tinyshoes on Oct 08, 2018

It appears you may have some blown up shingles (shingles that are loose from wind). You may need to call a roofer to help before it gets worse.

• Sharon Sharon on Oct 08, 2018

I agree with Kathy. Especially when the leak could be in a totally different location than where you think it might be.

• William William on Oct 08, 2018

I had roof leak . Since water travels the cause may not be in the same location as the leak. I had ny son in the attic while I took a hose on low pressure no nozzle and poured water in different spots on the roof. Once it started leaking I had isolated the general area. It was the vent pipe flashing that appeared to be in good shape. Even without an attic. Hose down the roof in the direction of the wind and you may locate the leak. I used a rubber based roof cement in a caulk tube and spread it with a putty knife. Stays flexible with movement of the roof. Flex Seal and spray coating doesn't work and breaks down from weather over time.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Oct 08, 2018

It would probably be best to call a roofer. It could be coming from just about anywhere. Even your gutters if they're clogged.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Oct 08, 2018

In reference to Tinyshoes advice, you can see the damage if they are missing but I recently learned that if you can see a crease in the shingle that is wind damage as well. It means when the wind blows that shingle is being pushed loose at the bottom and flipping up. I'm looking at a serious insurance claim because I've got a lot of it.