How to Frame a Builder Grade Bathroom Mirror

I don't know why the single {large} mirror is so popular with contractor's, but with simple decorative moulding, you can make your bathroom mirror go from boring to WOW with very little time involved!
how to frame a builder grade bathroom mirror, bathroom ideas, diy, home improvement, woodworking projects
You can easily create this for under $35.....
We all have them in our house, and it is too expensive to replace all of them.
I bought this primed case moulding at Lowe's for under $30. After measuring it, I mitered the corners and set it up on the floor to see how it would look.
I painted it black before bringing it up to the boys bathroom.
I had a little mishap with the liquid glue, and ended up securing the 2 side pieces to some extra lumber I had on hand. Only the top section is actually glued to the mirror! Liquid glue is not my friend! =)
I love the difference this moulding makes, and plan on doing it in our Master Bathroom soon.
Shaunna @ Tempting Thyme

• Janett

Did you get the molding cut at Lowe's or did you do that home?

• Nicole Murray

I have a large oval mirror- any suggestions for framing that one?

• Gail Torres

Did you take down the mirror and glue it back to the wall? My mirror had beveled edges all around and is mounted with those little clips. C ould I still apply this method since mirror edges would not be flush or flat against the molding?

• I did not take the mirror down first. I have those clips as well, and if you look really close when you are in my bathroom you may see the tiniest of gaps due to those clips. Depending on how deep the beveled edges are you may or may not be able to use this method. If you have any amount of wall space surrounding your mirror, you should be able to attach a piece of wood which could level things out for you, allowing the molding to lay "flat".

• Jessica Serrano-Gregg

What a great difference that made! We have this huge and I mean massive mirror in the bathroom as well and this would be pretty awesome to break up that continuous mirror. Seriously I didn't even know mirrors came in giant wall size lol

• I think I have that same massive mirror in our Master Bath Jess! It is next on my list. Deciding on whether to do a big frame around it OR break it up to make it look like 2 mirrors.....

• Jan32093254

Im going to do this lived it