Monique
Monique
  • Logan, UT
Asked 6 days ago

How do I make this space functional, and inviting?

PhaedraAna BacallaoLorraine
+15

Our entryway is a dump zone. Kids shoes and backpacks. I would like a more tidy and functional storage option for shoes and also an area for some nice decor. Ideas for how to decorate the wall would be appreciated too.

q how do i make this space functional and inviting

Blank canvas white wall. To many shoes currently. Not all need storage in this space but at least 8-10 pairs

Door opens toward this area.

• Ana Bacallao
    11 hours ago

Depending on your budget you have a lot of options but a coat shoe rack will give you the storage you need. You can buy a whole unit (think IKEA, Overstock) or you can get the same effect with different pieces. Buy a bottom cabinet (Homegoods, etc.) and then use coat hooks on the top. Whatever you do be sure to have an element or two of decor items, a mirror, a picture and some pretty accent pieces. Here’s just an idea for you. Of course, if you or someone else is handy, you could build your own,

• Phaedra
    6 hours ago

It cant be too complicated or they wont use it. I would prefer some kind of closed cupboard where they could just open the door and toss in their backpacks. Anything open wont be kept neat. BTDT.

Something like this might work. Depends on how deep the shelves are.

https://www.houzz.com/product/123510684-connaught-solid-wood-entryway-storage-cabinet-dark-chestnut-brown-transitional-buffets-and-sideboards

For the shoes I would do a bench behind the door with a tray under the bench for wet shoes. Oh and my friend gathers up all her kids stuff that doesn't belong in her entryway and tosses it down the basement stairs. Their bedrooms are upstairs. BTW.

• Your comment...