Alisa Inman
Alisa Inman
  • Loudon, TN
Asked Yesterday

What should I do with this wall?

Kathy Gunter LawVimarhonorKathy miro
+6

I'd like to incorporate some modern farmhouse touches to this wall in our living room? Any ideas?

q what should i do with this wall
  • Mona Blake
    Yesterday

Barn wood shelves and a barnwood chair rail.

• I like the blue wall. I would change just a few things. The way it is now, it seems your armchair is the focal point of the room.

A simple idea could be move the armchair out of that place and add a nice sideboard or dresser between your bookcases. Then lower the mirror until its top is about 6 inches above the top of your sideboard.

Here is an inspiration picture with that layout.

Good luck!

• Tom
    21 hours ago

Not sure the blue paint colour really works in the room, I know it might sound boring but a white or even a very light grey would look better.

Mirror looks a bit too small on its own, would be better to have a larger mirror or maybe even a gallery of framed prints/canvas. You can get some good ideas here: https://blimandblum.com

• Alisa Inman
      19 hours ago

I think you're right about the color. When we moved in 7 years ago this was the first room I painted. It was supposed to be more gray, but it turned out blue. Also agree about the mirror size. It's one of the reasons I'm asking for some ideas.

• Kathy miro
    19 hours ago

How about paint it a nice navy blue or dRker blue to accent the lighter blue then get a big picture

• Vimarhonor
    19 hours ago

Hello Alisa,

Have you considered a shiplap accent wall?

Some of the big box hardware stores in my area are now stocking the shiplap strip panels.

• Kathy Gunter Law
    3 hours ago

Tobacco basket

Set of wooden arches

Cotton wreath