Coffee Filters to Holiday Decor

$5

Did you know that you can make holiday decor that's inexpensive, easy, and fun with coffee filters? I made some projects that I'm super excited about and wanted to share them with you.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

For most of these projects you'll take a coffee filter, place the center at the bottom, and squeeze up the filter to make a "flower" shape, and twist the bottom to hold in place.

Snowball Topiary

I took a styrofoam ball from Dollar Tree and started hot gluing these twisted coffee filters around it. There is no right or wrong way to do it. I started by making a circle around the middle, and then added more and more until the top was full. Then I began filling the bottom.

I hot glued on a candle holder from Dollar Tree to be the base. I then filled in any holes left with more coffee filters until I got it to be as full as I liked.

You can leave it plain or I added a little Mod Podge around the edges of the coffee filters and then sprinkled fake snow onto it.

Snowman

I hot glued 2 different sized paper plates together.

I filled them with the twisted coffee filters until I got it as full as I wanted. For this one I started at the bottom and worked my way to the top.

I added a scarf, hot glued on button eyes and nose, a yarn mouth, and a top hat I found at Dollar Tree. I put a piece of fish line on back so I could hang him.

Winter Wreath

Any wreath form will work, and any size you like. I had this one on hand. I started hot gluing the twisted coffee filters onto the wreath working around in a circle. I started on the inside, then moved my way to the outside until it was as full as I wanted.

I added some battery operated LED (cool lights) I found at Dollar Tree. I hot glued the battery pack onto the back side to hide it.

I kept the original hanging tag on it so I could hang it from that.

Table Top Tree

I cut holes of different sizes and layered them onto a recycled bottle. I used a little hot glue to hold each layer in place.

I added a strand of battery operated LED (cool lights) lights that have a "cork" on/off switch on top.

I cut out a tinfoil start and glued it to the "cork" on/off switch, and I also added some Krylon Glitter Blast spray paint to the filters to give it some shimmer.

I cut the letters "J" and "Y" out of cardboard. I hot glued on some twisted coffee filters onto the letters until I had the look I wanted. I added my wreath from before to the center to be the letter "O" and created the word Joy. I used gaffers tape to hold up the letters and wreath onto my mirror.

I would love to have you stop by my blog  Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOsMN7hycVRco-MROXwmXg

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Cindy Holton

Pretty but it wouldn’t last outside in South Carolina. The glue would melt.

• Trish

I don't think these would hold up outside anywhere, since they are paper filters. They hold up well indoors, my sister has made quite a few of these and they turn out really nice. You can also use the natural colored filters, they turn out great too.

• Kara S.

I love the wreath! So cute for winter.