Homemade Carved Pumpkin Preserving Spray – No Bleach!

$1

If you love carving pumpkins, you will love this spray!

The best part is it has NO bleach! This makes it safe for kids, pets, or anyone with breathing issues. Many of my family suffers from breathing issues (asthma), so we can't use bleach around the house.

This is why I love to create alternatives for you!
homemade carved pumpkin preserving spray no bleach
Ingredients:

• 1 cup water
  • 2 tbsp borax
  • 20 drops peppermint essential oil
  • 20 drops tea tree essential oil
  • Spray Bottle

Directions: Mix up ingredients in a jar, then add to a spray bottle. Keep in mind borax won’t dissolve all the way, so be sure to stir well before pouring!
How to Use:

Carve your pumpkin, make sure to scrap EVERYTHING out! Don’t leave any membranes (I let my husband do this, he gets them clean lol). Spray the entire inside of pumpkin including the carved areas and lid. Make sure to really saturate it! IMPORTANT –> When you spray the lid area, leave the lid OFF and allow to dry before putting back on. Spray this solution on everyday. It will extend the life of your carved pumpkin for a few days to a week depending on your climate. See photos below for details.

Here are some before and afters!
Also, for more details on what else it helps with, please view blog post below. Happy Halloween!

• Tea Tree Oil  (Amazon)
  • Borax  (Store)
  • Peppermint Oil  (Online)
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet

Very great share! Can't stand moldy and mushy pumpkins.

• Patricia Richards

I am going to use this! I want to share my revelation of carving a pumpkin by cutting off the bottom! When you do that you have a bigger hole to clean out the seeds and membranes! You can also make the pumpkin sit level. The best part is that you carve it, then pick it up and set it over the light! Voila!!! No messing with the top stem to get it angled to not fall into the pumpkin! I love sharing this with everyone I see at Halloween time! It's one of those OMG moments! Why didn't I think of that before?!

• We’ve done the bottom cut too! It really does work better :) I did too cuts for this project to showcase how it works. I hope you enjoy using it!!