How could i decorate this large wall?

+9

This is a wall in my family room. Im struggling with how to decorate it. I have many family photos around the room so looking for other ideas. A huge round mirror maybe? I like rustic/farm style.

q how could i decorate this large wall
  • Pat Rios Pat Rios on Oct 10, 2018

A lighter color on your wall would get you half-way into a farmhouse style. You could also put your family pictures in wood frames and make a nice gallery on the wall. Rustic signs, vases or bottles with greens over a floating shelve above your beautiful buffet would look really nice too. Here is a picture for inspiration.

Good luck!

• Robin Robin on Oct 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! I like the idea of floating shelves

• Cindy Cindy on Oct 10, 2018

Hi there. Paint the outside edge of a large box that includes both rooms. (family room and dining room) and then place all your family photo's inside the box. This gallery will unify both rooms. You could also include a clock, or a shelf. Or you could include a word/s like "Family is Forever" Best of luck to you.

• Mary Njus Mary Njus on Oct 10, 2018

You could buy some large canvases from thrift store (2) cover with a very textured upholstery material from fabric store. Look at remnants section. Floating shelves with a collection of something like milk glass or ironstone or your own collection. Your home seems very neutral colored, maybe consider adding some soft color like soft pastel pink, yellow or blue if you’re hesitant. Remember you can always change it up. Have fun!

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 10, 2018

Well, when I saw the room, I immediately thought that a boarder would look nice. Yes, I know they are a mess to put up, but there is a really nifty tool to use. You can make one, it doesn't look very difficult. The site for this is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hy6xfmBCtw

There are so many designs to choose from, and you can incorporate the design into some of your picture mattings. Good luck.

• Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Oct 10, 2018

Maybe go to tag sales get a old door hang on it’s side and decorate

• A vignette of family photos on the wall would look nice.

• Pamela Pamela on Oct 11, 2018

Do an interesting paint technique on the wall. Or use a unique wall paper...check out wallsneedlove.com for removable wallpaper, they carry everything from traditional to funky crazy prints.