Upcycled Plastic Bottle Spider - Halloween Decoration Tutorial

$2

I don't usually bother to decorate for Halloween but we are having a party this year so I am trying to whip up a few decorations for the festivities. Last week I made a giant spiders web from some plastic grocery bags so of course I also needed to make a giant spider to complete the display.
upcycled plastic bottle spider halloween decoration tutorial
I started the project by choosing a couple of plastic bottles to make the body of the spider.
I used a stencil cutter to fuse the two bottles together and to add some texture to the plastic.
The spiders legs are made from some plastic drinking straws that I confiscated from my friends sodas. :-) The straws were also carefully fused to the body of the spider.
Then the whole thing was painted with some primer paint and a coat of black craft paint.
I used a couple of bottle caps for the eyes and then she was ready for her web.
Thanks for taking a look at my project. I hope you enjoy recycling and upcycling as much as I do. If you would like more upcycling project DIY's or Green Product Reviews you can subscribe to my   Youtube Channel here or the   Upcycle Design Lab blog here. 

Happy Upcycling!

Cindy

• Plastic Bottles  (Grocery Store)
  • Stencil Cutter  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Primer Paint  (Home Depot)
Cindy @ Upcycle Design Lab