How do I fix a wood floor stain after dog peed on it?

Everything PrettyTrudyDee
+6

DOg peed & I cleaned it up but to late to prevent it from seeping & staining. Can't replace wood b/c no longer made. Can I sand & try to match color or what?

• Julianna Smith
    Julianna Smith

I think all you can do is sand and match the stain as closely as you can, then apply a clear coat on top.

• Ebbjdl
    Ebbjdl

Marilyn, Old English sells both light and dark stain. Buy both. Start with the light. Pour a few drop and rub it into the wood, let it dry completely. See how it looks, now rub with a paper towel until the towel comes clean. Next, if it didn't cover use the dark the same way. You can buy this in the cleaning isle of your supermarket. Aloha!

• Dee
    Dee

Vinegar! This happened to me years ago. It will get the stain out then you can match or polish as needed.

• Trudy
    Trudy

I heard there is a wood bleach on the market for this problem, but I haven't tried it.

• Everything Pretty
    Everything Pretty

If the spot is darker, use hydrogen peroxide on the spot to lighten it.