Vintage Wallpaper Covered Message Center

$10

My kids are crafty and proud and want their handiwork on display. Something had to be done. I was flipping through the first issue of Kids Crafts 1-2-3 and remembered a great project from Jaime Favors of Raising Up Rubies. She made a message center out of a cookie sheet. Hmmm, my wheels were turning.
I didn’t have a spare cookie sheet on hand, but I did have a metal board I had picked up from Ikea. I intended to hang it in my son’s room, but I was never able to find a spot for it. Instead of having this magnet board gather dust I decided to give it a face-lift with some vintage wall paper.
I didn’t have a piece of wall paper quite large enough to fit on my board. No worries I just got creative with a ruler and scissors and made it work. I also cut a piece to fit on my clipboard. Luckily, the pattern is busy enough where it is not really an issue. Using Aleene’s Tacky Spray Glue (man, I love this stuff) I attached the wall paper to the board and clipboard. Allow to dry 30 minutes (ish). I'm lovin' the way my new message center turned out.
Add as many embellishments as you like to organize your papers, tickets, etc. Use magnets and clothes pins for a fun look.

• Paper  (craft store)
  • Spray adhesive  (craft store)

25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Jennifer Perkins

1 comment