KIDS Soft Toy Hanging Storage

$30

With three kids of different ages, the toys in my house are multiplying fast. Because of this, I’m always on the look out for practical toy storage ideas (see .

I decided to tackle the soft toys mess in my daughters bedroom first.

Instead of keeping them in your average big container, I decided to build this hanging soft toy storage shelf just above her bed. I love that it has a modern look and fits into

kids soft toy hanging storage

1.cut your shelves to size

Once the shelves are cut, sand them to remove splinters and then paint them

Once the paint is dry, you are ready to fix the shelves to the board.

Start with the lower shelf. Apply wood glue to the edges of the shelf piece, making sure to align it with the board edges.

kids soft toy hanging storage

Place the second shelf above the first, leaving a distance of 10 inches between each.

Once the shelves are glued, its time to place the rubber band (bungee rope) that will hold the soft toys in place.

Measure 3 inches distance from the shelf and ½ inch from the board edge and drill a hole into the board, make a second hole at the other end of the shelf.

kids soft toy hanging storage

Pass the rubber band through the holes and staple it on the back of the board. Repeat

I wanted to decorate the top of the board with some lettering. I choose “peluches” which mean soft toys in french. Another great option is writing your kid name.

kids soft toy hanging storage

To hang the this soft toy storage shelf on the wall, Drill two holes to each top corner of the board.

Take centre of the rope and make a loop to attach the wood ring to the rope.

kids soft toy hanging storage

Done!

So cute isnt it??

kids soft toy hanging storage

More details at the link below

• Plywood
  • Drill
Medina at Grillo Designs

• Kathy

Won't the rubber bands dry rot after awhile?

• Becky Stith

Paint, stain or clear coat the boards, and if you use bungees they will last longer than you will have the shelf.

• Em

Very cute, but got to disagree with the paint. A white wash maybe but the grain is nice. A white wash would be the best of both worlds, not painted and still see the wood grain. Either way. It is cute

• GG

Okay!