How do i make grass killer?

+4
  • Spray your grass with plain old white vinegar. May take more than one application. I did this in the spring. Then my gardener cut the old grass with a sod cutter. Rototilled, amended and planted new seed. I have pets and small children live next door. No nasty chemicals use at my house.

• Here's what I use: Take a spray bottle and cover the bottom with salt and fill it up with vinegar. Add a few drops of dish soap and shake. Spray on the weeds or grass that you want gone.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Oct 14, 2018

Hot vinegar.

• You can even get a stronger grade of vinegar at your local garden center. That should do the trick.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 17, 2018

Hello Agu:

I've heard this works. Don't know if it will kill the flowers, though:(

1 gallon of Vinegar

2 cups epsom salt

1/4 cup of the original BLUE Dawn dish soap

Mix in a spayer.

It should kill anything you spray it on. Mix and spray in the morning and after the dew has evaporated. This solution works best if you use it on a hot day. . By evening, the weeds should be all gone.

WEED KILLER WITH DAWN

1 gallon white vinegar

1 cup of salt

1 Tbsp liquid Dawn

Combine ingredients and put into a spray bottle and spray the weeds at the sunniest time of day.

This mix is very effective so make sure it doesn’t spray on something you DON’T want to kill. Good luck!

• Anna Anna on Oct 21, 2018

I am not a lawn expert but if you plan to grow something else where you are trying to kill grass, I would not recommend everyone else's comments to use the vinegar mixture. The safest way and non-chemical way to kill grass is to cover it with cardboard or some other material. There are LOTS of articles on the internet about it. Or just use a sod cutter and pull it up.