Upcycle Old Kitchen Cabinets To Transform Your Space!

$20

My kids are notorious for leaving their stuff laying around all over. Especially their coats and backpacks. My daughter tells me it is because she cannot reach the coat hangers in the closet to hang them up, so I solved that issue with this easy project.

If you have some old kitchen cabinets lying around, or you know someone who is tearing some out, you can create these awesome coat and backpack hangers for next to nothing!

Paint and Stain the wood in colors you like. I chose to do stain on the outside as a frame and paint the interior.

Use a pre-made stencil, or create a custom stencil like I did with a Cricut Cutting Machine.

After placing the stencil I also painted one layer the same color as the base coat. This will prevent bleeding under the stencil.

Next, paint your design in the any colors you would like.

Let dry, then peel up your stencil to reveal your design!
Remove the painter's tape and measure out where you'd like to place your coat hooks.

This will differ for each piece since these are custom made coat racks and the length may vary from piece to piece.

Mine were 24" long and I choose to put one hook 3" from each end, and another hook 11" from each end. This means they are not evenly space, but instead account for how wide a backpack will be when it hangs down.

You may want to choose to space yours evenly instead.
Drill pilot holes where you marked.
Attach the coat hooks with the included screws.
Use drywall anchors as necessary and secure to the wall with d-ring hooks that you've attached to the back of the coat rack.

And wallah! You are done!
To get instructions on this project, how to create custom stencils, or any of my other DIY projects, visit my website here: ROCK YOUR CRAFT

Jesica Helgren