Jeanette S
Jeanette S
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Atlanta, GA

GETTING ORGANIZED!

Were it up to me, I would have every pair of socks labeled! I LOVE ORGANIZATION! I have wanted these pot drawers in my kitchen for forever but they are very expensive...found them on sale for about a third of the regular price! I grabbed them really quick. Then I got a great deal on a bamboo 3 shelf unit and the storage bins. Gotta love it.
getting organized, organizing
I could only use 2 of these because the corner is just past the door to the right. And yes, hubby bumped the front panel with his drill had has to put it back today! They are installed separately.
getting organized, organizing
Since I have retired, I don't use but about 1/3 of my 2 walk in closets in my Master! So I decided to use the space between the hanging area for additional food storage of dry goods. Found this bamboo and metal small unit (8 bins added) which looks like it was made to fit in here!

• Z

Jeannette, where did you find these on sale? They look great and I'm sure they make grabbing your pans much easier now.

• Z

@Jeanette S I used to have the best memory, but not any more. Which is all the more reason to be organized. In organizing my mind, I try and remember, though it doesn't always happen LOL, to make a point of either telling my hubby where I put something so we'll both know and hopefully won't BOTH forget, or saying out loud as I put something down. For some reason hearing where I put it, gets it in my brain better. I used this trick for my reading students too. Telling them to read out loud to help them remember what they read. It actually works even if you're in the classroom, and you have to read in the tiniest of whispers. The more ways you can get something into your brain, the more likely you'll be able to remember it. I could go on about how to organize your mind, but I'll just add one more way, put whatever you need to remember to music, if you can use a song you know well that will help you remember.

• Megan

Can you come to my house. I have the basics down. I need help with my office and under my kitchen and bathroom counters.

• Jeanette S

@Megan I would be glad to, but I can't seem to get through here! HA! It is a never ending job! I was also lucky enough to find a set of wooden drawer trays so I was able to get the last of 6 drawers in part of my kitchen fitted out! That was quite a job because this is where we keep all the "junk" stuff we think we need handy!