Pallet Privacy Living Wall

I decided to make this when looking for an alternative way to achieve a little privacy near our hot tub. I had a taller than usual pallet at the house that we received while having something shipped to the house so it was just begging to be used for something!
I started with sitting the pallet on a sawhorse and staining it with an Olympic solid color exterior stain (color:Timberline). I stained one side, let it dry overnight and then stained the other side. I tried to get stain in all the nooks and crannies but wasn't perfect about it.
After it was dry, I had to figure out how to mount it to our deck. I ended up using some galvanized "L" brackets and galvanized bolts. We put the pallet down as close to the ground as we could for added support since it wasn't going to lean against a fence or wall like most ideas I saw online.
I purchased coco liner by the foot at my local nursery and cut to fit in between the boards on the pallet. I did have to adjust one of the back boards and move it down to create a level dip for the coco liner to sit in which you can see in the pic above. I attached the coco liner using the air stapler with pretty long staples to go through the thick coco liner. Then I filled each one with the water sense soil since this pallet is on the west side of my house and areas to fill in the pallet were quite narrow and I was trying to help them from drying out.
I planted petunias and verbena and watched them grow. Then I went on the hunt for the perfect hooks for each end and a cool saying for the middle.
This pic was after about a month-month & a half. Overall, I'm very satisfied with this project!

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes