Solar Light Basket Using Insulators for Hanging or Table Setting!

$20

An easy solar light basket! I purchased several of these baskets last year for Xmas and made gift baskets for my guy relatives. I filled them with homemade chapstick, hand scrub, cuticle cream and coffee. They were a hit! I had one basket leftover which I started using as a caddy for dinner parties outside. I would put in utensils, ketchup, mustard, extra napkins etc. and that got me wondering if I
solar light basket using insulators for hanging or table setting
I literally have an ENTIRE BOX full of these old electrical insulators out in the barn that I’ve been trying to find places for. They are SO cool!
I thought this would be a nice opportunity to use even more of them.
Six insulators fit perfectly then I just ran to the Dollar store and purchased six solar lights. And, just like that, it made a great table light.
Over the summer I would replace some of the insulators with condiments etc. And the insulators made perfect table weights for napkins on windy days.
My favorite though was when I realized how great an opportunity I had for a bouquet!
Dried hydrangeas are my go-to around here as I always have a pile at the end of every summer. All lit up when the solar lights kick on they look so pretty!
Over the course of the spring, summer and now into the fall I filled my solar light basket up with wild flowers, fresh hydrangeas and even sun flowers!
I ended up actually buying another basket just for condiments because having a lit up bouquet was just so pretty in the center of the table.
And it was also great, of course, as an actual light when my dinner parties ran into the night.

As far as easy projects that required almost no effort this one totally made my whole summer!

• Small Basket  (Amazon)
  • Solar Lights  (Dollar Store)
GrandmasHouseDIY