Fall Single Use Soaps

$10

I have eczema on my hand, and most bulk soaps in stores make it worse. I have to take my own soap with me when I go to the store. Rather than dealing with a liquid that can spill or a bar soap that can get messy, I make single use soaps. Since it's fall, I decided to use silk fall leaves to make soaps.
fall single use soaps
To make single use soaps, you'll need clear glycerin soap, essential oils and silk leaves. You can also use silk flower petals.

I used Apple Pie Spice and Pumpkin Pie Spice essential oil blends. You can get both in this four pack of essential oil holiday blends along with Candy Cane and Gingerbread.

You'll also need a piece of styrofoam and some sewing pins. I used a piece of styrofoam that came in the box with a small appliance.
fall single use soaps
Next weigh 4 ounces of soap and melt in the microwave on 30 second intervals. Let it cool to 180 degrees and add the essential oils. Then add 0.25 ounces of essential oils. Stir well.
fall single use soaps
Push a pin through the center of a leaf. Leave some room on the end or the soap will clump at the head of the pin.
fall single use soaps
Dip the leaf into the soap. Let the excess soap drip off.
fall single use soaps
Stick the pin in the styrofoam to let the soap cool.

Repeat until you've finished with your leaves. This will make about 50 soap leaves, depending on the size of your leaf.

If the soap gets thick, microwave for 10 seconds to heat it up again.

If you have soap left over, pour it in a silicone mold or paper cup to use as a bar of soap.
fall single use soaps
Now you have beautiful fall leaf single use soaps that you can take with you so you never run out of soap!

These are great for those with skin allergies, for camping, or just to make sure you have soap.

For more information and pictures, visit my blog post on how to make single use soaps.
Cari Dunn

• 10434192964

Do you know of any essential oil that should not be used on delicate skin. I don’t know too much about oils, what kinds there are I mean.

• Sarge

You are using these when "out and about"... What do you use to wrap them in before putting them in your bag/purse? are you using a zip lock bag/saran wrap?

• Holly McElhiney

Awesome idea!! Just curious..after using do you toss the leaves or could you RE use them?