How to Clean Chrome Fixtures and Keep Them Clean

57K Views
Many people have chrome fixtures in their house. Here is a great tip on what to use to clean your fixtures and KEEP them clean longer!
Time: 10 MinutesCost: $5.00Difficulty: Easy
  • how to clean chrome fixtures and keep them clean, bathroom ideas, cleaning tips
To clean the faucets all you need is a high quality microfiber cloth, I recommend the Enviro Cloth from Norwex. First dampen the cloth, then wring it out.
You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to get all the water spots and fingerprints off, without any cleaning products!
Now that the chrome faucet is clean it’s time for a little trick to keep it clean! What’s the trick? Rain-X.
Let it dry and then test it out. After it was dry I poured water all over it to test it out. It was pretty cool to watch the water bubble up and vanish right before my eyes!

Suggested materials for this project:

Anna M

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!

Ask a Question
      • Charlotte Lehman
        Charlotte Lehman

I use rain x on my glass shower door and I never get any build up. Just wipe it dry after showering some time. Been doing this for 20 years.

• RoseMary Wells
          RoseMary Wells Atlanta, GA

What is the chemical make-up of rain-x? It seems counter-productive to use green methods to clean, then turn around and use something potentially harmful to make it last longer. Does anyone know what it is and whether it's genuinely safe or not?

• Melissa B
              Melissa B Forney, TX

@RoseMary Wells It's mostly alcohol, water and silicone. The silicone compound binds with the glass surface making it water repellant.