How do these robot vacuum compare?

CindyOliva
+5

what do you think about these roomba robot vacuums are they any good?

• If you don't have furry pets I am sure they are fine. I was given one as a gift and it was a useless hunk of junk. Took forever to do the floors and my house is small by most standards. I could vacuum in 20 minutes what it would take all day for the robot to do as it always "homes" itself when it needed charging. Did not pick up cat or dog fur. I ended up giving it away or donating it. So sad as at the time it was very expensive, as they still are. That was my personal experience.

• Cor32419347
    Cor32419347

These are really meant for families with no children. The unit picks up fur and pet hair. Make sure you empty it. They make a nice convenient luxury item.

• Katie-HomespunHabits
    Katie-HomespunHabits

I've had several. In my opinion there is always an issue. It gets stuck somewhere or it can't find its way back to its home base.

• Gaz Titch
    Gaz Titch

Like them but still have to do a lot of the work yourself thinking about getting my hands of one of these mopping robots look quite good.

• Oliva
    Oliva

They cannot travel under lower pieces of furniture, don't clean particularly well, and run daily. You'd be better off with a good upright or canister vacuum.

• Cindy
    Cindy

Hi Gaz. I'm Cindy. I vacuum our house once or twice a week. It takes 20 minutes. We have a large dog and 2 cats and the vacuum fills the canister every time. I don't think the robot is big enough for our needs.

• on Nov 13, 2018

Dyson also is a good vacuum cleaner robot company, you can read great reviews about popular models.

• Gaz Titch
      Gaz Titch

Thanks for the reply I still use my henry vacuum cleaner but these older models of irobot 805 is being reviewed and there is so much choice now, I do think if you have pets which i do the roomba robots do a good job.