How do I get rid of mice?

+6

How do I get rid of mice in my bathroom and my closet? Those are the only two rooms in the house that I have them.

• Gk Gk on Oct 16, 2018

Good old mousetraps. You can use the snap variety smeared with a bit of peanut butter or you can use the box type where the mouse goes in and never comes out!

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Oct 16, 2018

Mouse traps definitely work the best. I just purchased a box of the old fashioned moth balls to put in my crawl spaces. I've heard it really helps repel them and I get mice bad where I live.

• Mollie Mollie on Oct 16, 2018

Caution …. moth balls is quite bad for your health! We have lots of mice trying to move in for the winter. We use "Irish Spring" soap bars; the mice hate the smell, and so do deer. Also, I have a bar of the soap in the bathroom that keeps "bugs" like stink bugs, spiders, and nates away!

• Jackie Merchant Smith Jackie Merchant Smith on Oct 16, 2018

I’ve never heard of this but I’m definitely going to try it. I don’t like dealing with the traps. Thanks for the info.

• Sandy Sandy on Oct 23, 2018

Easiest way & no worry about harm to children or pets....product called Shake Away. They do not like the smell & leave & stay away. I did not notice any odor, but they did! Got it at Ace Hardware.

• Chris Gignac Chris Gignac on Oct 23, 2018

My bet, there Are mice all over the place. You’ve only found telltale signs in those two rooms. In my opinion, I would get some snap traps and place them where you’ve seen mouse sign.

• Jackie Merchant Smith Jackie Merchant Smith on Oct 23, 2018

You’re right. I found mouse droppings in my dresser! And last night, just about had a heart attack when one jumped out of a bag of dog food, which is now in a covered container.

• Chris Gignac Chris Gignac on Oct 24, 2018

I wish you the best of luck in controlling your rodent situation. Always remember mice don’t live more than 20 feet away from food and or water. You will have to control all food in storage mouse proof containers. Deny them access to water. That mean fix any leaks or drips and standing puddles. Seal every possible entryway where they can slide in your house. A mouse only needs the size of a nickel to gain access to your house.