Cute & Simple Halloween Mummy Jars

$10

I love Halloween! Not the scary haunted houses or movies, because I'm a big chicken with a huge imagination- which is not a good combo. But the dressing up, fun parties, decorations and of course the candy!! And since we don't want to scare the children around here ;) I stick to more fun decorations at our house for Halloween. So this year I made these cute and easy mummy mason jar guys to decorate our
cute simple halloween mummy jars
Supplies:

Mason jars- any size
Gauze
Double sided tape
Scissors
White and Black cardstock
Pencil
LED candles- optional
cute simple halloween mummy jars
cute simple halloween mummy jars
First put some double-sided tape on the side of the mason jar, then attach the end of the gauze to it.  Then start wrapping it around the jar.  Once you have it wrapped and layered the way you like it- use more double-sided tape to attach the end of the gauze to the jar.
cute simple halloween mummy jars
cute simple halloween mummy jars
Next cut out two circles from the white card stock for the eyes.  I used a kids medicine cup to trace my circles....it's a very technical measurement ;)  Then cut or use a hole punch to cut two smaller circles out of the black card stock.
cute simple halloween mummy jars
Use double-sided tape to attach the smaller black circles to the white ones, to make the eyes.  Before attaching them permanently play with the placement of the black circles, depending on how you want your mummy to be looking.
cute simple halloween mummy jars
Then attach your eyes to the mummy with the double-sided tape.
cute simple halloween mummy jars
I added a little white highlight to the eyes after I attached them with my chalk pen, because I felt it needed a little more character.  But that is completely optional.  Drop your LED candle in the jar and wait for it get dark!
cute simple halloween mummy jars
cute simple halloween mummy jars
cute simple halloween mummy jars

• Gauze  (CVS)
  • Mason jars  (Walmart)
  • Double sided tape  (Walmart)
Jordan|featherbrained~fancy