Judi
Judi
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Modesto, CA

My Pumpkin Challenge

$400
1 Day

Ok so, I thought and thought about what I was going to do for this challenge, I looked at all kinds of ideas, so I started to look at all the supplies I had, and I picked what I would use!
my pumpkin challenge
so here is what I got together, minus the embellishment. I’ve collected a few cereal boxes, and fruit snack boxes, then I cut a few into strips. Grabbed my Hammered look spray paint, and some brads. Now you can cut the strips any size you want! I chose to make a mini pumpkin.
my pumpkin challenge
So after cutting into strips, I poked holes on top and bottom of strip. I took 8 strips.
my pumpkin challenge
i stated connecting the strips one by one
to the brad, first the top part.
my pumpkin challenge
Then I began connecting the bottom part.
my pumpkin challenge
then I spread them out to form a pumpkin.
my pumpkin challenge
incevi was satisfied with the shape ( you play with it until you like the shape) I took it out side to spray, I first sprayed the top, and made sure it was covered well.
my pumpkin challenge
then I stayed the bottom, also made sure it was covered well!
my pumpkin challenge
once it was all dried, I started to put the embellishment.
my pumpkin challenge
and here it is, done and looking very cute!

• Sewtime

Would it have been easier to do the painting before putting the cardboard strips together?

• Sewtime

Thank you for your prompt response.

I think I will have to try these!