Scrap Wood Pumpkins With Vinyl Faces

$20

I have a love for pumpkin decor this time of year and I have been seeing DIY pumpkins all over, so I decided to use some of our scrap wood to make a set of wood pumpkins. I used vinyl to make removable jack-o-lantern faces so they can be used all season long! The best part of this project is that it was FREE because I had all of the supplies on hand.

scrap wood pumpkins with vinyl faces

I found three pieces of wood that was the same thickness, but different heights for the pumpkins. I used a 1x1 square piece cut into 2" pieces for the stem and tied twine around the top to hide where the stem was glued to the top of the pumpkin.

scrap wood pumpkins with vinyl faces

I painted all of the wood pieces with neutral fall colors, including the stem pieces and let dry.

scrap wood pumpkins with vinyl faces

I used Country Chic paint in Faith, Brave, and Conquer. I only used one coat.

scrap wood pumpkins with vinyl faces

I used Rapid Fuse Wood Glue to adhere the stems to the top of the wood scraps.

scrap wood pumpkins with vinyl faces

I used my Cricut Maker cutting machine to cut the jack-o-lantern faces on removable vinyl, but you could easily hand cut the simple designs or use stickers....or leave them plain.

scrap wood pumpkins with vinyl faces

These cuties make a great addition to the Halloween decor on my fire place and once Halloween is over, I can take the faces off and leave them out a little longer.

• Scrap Wood  (Had on hand)
  • Paint  (Craft Store)
  • Twine  (Craft Store)
Mary from Real Girl's Realm