Anna M
Anna M
  • Cottonwood, CA

DIY Hardwood Floor Cleaner

Here is a simple recipe for a great hardwood floor cleaner. It is easy to prepare so you can get done with mopping your floors faster!
I use this wood floor cleaner when I use my hand mop and when I use my steam mop. I spray it on the floor in a small area (about 3′ by 3′) and then mop over it.
Start by filling the spray bottle 1/4 full with white vinegar, then add 3-6 drops of lemon essential oil (or more if you want it to smell more lemony). We love essential oils!
Fill the rest of the spray bottle up with water then lightly shake it to mix the ingredients. It’s that simple! This recipe is quick and easy and helps get the job done faster!

Anna M

• Christopher

A couple of months ago I decided to take the carpet out of my living room and I found hardwood floors under it and when the previous owner painted the walls they didn't bother to put down anything to prevent paint from getting on the floor,how do I take old dried paint off and clean the floor?

• M. How

If the paint is acrylic, use lacquer thinner. Apply liberally to the paint, let it sit to soften and then use a scraper to remove the paint. You can also use very fine steel wool soaked in lacquer thinner for splatter paint spots. If it is oil paint you will have to use a paint remover. Or, perhaps it may be better to have the floors professionally sanded and refinished. Let us know what method you finally decided to use and how it came out.

• Kristen Hibbs Lake

We use Bona with the spray mop. My dark wood floors come out beautiful !