DIY: Blooming Monogrammed Pumpkin

$25

Add a personalized touch to your autumn decor with fresh blooms and pumpkins. It’s an elegant take on decorating a pumpkin that makes a statement whether it is at your front door to welcome guests, part of a seasonal display in a room, or to style up your Thanksgiving table.

Gather your supplies. I’m using a large white pumpkin here. There is something so chic about a white pumpkin and I can’t resist the way the flowers pop against it.

Using a pencil, lightly sketch the letter on the pumpkin.

An apple corer is the ideal and quickest way to make a hole in the pumpkin. Carefully puncture the pumpkin along the pencil lines, making sure to leave some space in between each hole. It is also important to angle the hole downwards so the flowers will stay in the floral tubes.

Using a spouted measuring cup, carefully add some water to one floral tube at a time and place it in a hole. They are a perfect fit!

Cut a few blooms from a seasonal bouquet of flowers. Place a few flowers in each tube, making sure they are touching or overlapping so that you create a uniform look. 

This would be a beautiful addition to a fall wedding or birthday party. Or swap out the letters and add your house number then place the pumpkins by your front door.

You can easily replenish the water or replace any flowers throughout the season as necessary

30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
15 Perfectly Round Tables
Jennifer Seislove

• Vicki
    Vicki

Have you tried it with artificial flowers??

• Barb
      Barb

faux flowers are much more practical, less expensive (longevity), less work, and so very realistic looking

• Pat
    Pat

I'm doing the same thing with a faux pumpkin that I painted cream. Mine is also not as big. I'm having trouble finding small flowers. Tried the larger ones, bilut it was too much. Any idea where I might find the smaller flowers.

• Lisa
      Lisa

Dollar tree, grab a bouquet and you can cut them apart.

• Grandmasue10
    Grandmasue10

Gorgeous, but maybe I'm pedjudiced, that's my initial!

• Miley
    Miley

Beautiful!! I’m making this today but I’m using a fake white pumpkin and Fake flowers so I can use it every year!