How do I get rid of ants?

+6

I keep spraying for ants. When I spray one cabinet, they reappear in another one. What’s the best spray/powder to use?

• ☘️ TxIreland ☘️ TxIreland on Oct 25, 2018

Hi ...Try Bengal its great for ants!

• Diane Coverdale Diane Coverdale on Oct 25, 2018

If you can find where they are coming into the house, try to fix that entrance to prevent them from entering. They are also repelled by mint. So if you have any mint leaves (dried and crumbled in the areas you find them) or make could make up a mint scented spray, this could be used to keep them out. Do you use borax powder for your laundry? If so, you can mix the powder with some sugar to make an ant bait/poison, to be placed near where they enter your house. Use caution if you have small children or pets as this harmful to them.

• Betsy Betsy on Oct 29, 2018

Hi Blue: This is what I used for my ant problem, it may work for you, too. See, I said USED because it worked:)

Make a mix of 1/2 baking soda and 1/2 powdered sugar. Mix well and put around the spots they are in your garden, or inside your home, it's harmless to people and pets. Outside, you can put it in a bottle, like a pill bottle or something like that. Cut a hole on the edge of the cap, and lay the bottle on it's side so the ants can come in and get the mix. This way, it stays dry if it should rain. They will take it back to the nest and it should kill them. I'd keep it out there all season if you can. The mix makes a gas and the ants can't pass gas, so it kills them. Anything else that eats it will just taste the baking soda and say "Yuck" and walk off. It won't hurt anything that can pass gas, so it's completely safe. It helps to know what type of ant you are trying to get rid of, too. Try this site, scrolling down to see the different types of ants and how to deal with them. Good luck. https://www.thespruce.com/ant-control-4127879

• Chris Kugler Chris Kugler on Nov 01, 2018

Use peppermint essential oil on cotton balls. Put in places where they come in. This is as safe plan that is totally noon toxic. Be sure to use good quality oil such as doTERRA brand