SK on Elderberry
SK on Elderberry
  • Bonners Ferry, ID

Giggles and Smiles With SK

I think I am taking myself WaY ToO serious...Do you ever have one of those days where you wake up in this weird and skewed mind set?
So please view with a grin and maybe a lighthearted "duh" moment. Give it up folks, you know this is hilarious. Take a minute and recall something totally outrageous you did and it just didn't work...Just a little smile?
giggles and smiles with sk, lighting, repurposing upcycling
I have this old and very tattered lampshade. Scarlet fabric with who knows what was dripped down the side. I always made sure the stain was turned toward the back...
I love the shape so, (remember what my mood was in today,) I decided to make something of it. How could it possibly be worse than when I started? Oh wait. It can. I promise.
The stand is wonderful and I had a need to save this poor baby today.
Note to self: You might want to learn how to cover lampshades. Naw. Can't be that hard. Can it?
Loved this fun paper. Started there. Not paying attention to the curvature and concaveness of the frame.
Paper Don't do dat well.
Strip...Leaving hot glue globs. I really should have given up at this point. Ya think? Not me.
No I will NOT be taken down by a forty year old lampshade.
Crap.
Still trying to get hot glue off. Yep that is just what you think you're seeing, silk tearing off the edges.
Oh well, I didn't need it. Did I? Hmmm.....
Started adding new paper making sure I remembered the curvature. Oh and I had to add four strips of other paper to make it look very artsy and even better.
Oh Dear!
I have a skewed sense of humor but this one just pissed me off. Then I started to laugh...Ah well. No cost. Thank goodness. Makes me wonder what the heck I was thinking. Also makes me wonder whoever told me I was an artist?
Well. I am going back to bed now. But I am smiling.
I will not be overcome by this lampshade. I will make it a goal in my life to create something wonderful from this misguided artsy, fartsy piece. Oh I cannot even call it that. Cruel life.. So the saga continues...
sk

To see more: http://sksartell.blogspot.com/

• Jeanette S

Thanks for the early morning giggle! I love it! I am sure you will do something. I am sure if you just take a good look at the bones of this shade, you will see the pattern you need to follow! I can hardly wait for Chapter 2, be it a solution or another thriller!

• SK on Elderberry

@Jeanette S You are so right Jeanette. I have a solution in mind and it takes stripping aLL the fabric off and leaving just the wire bones of the shade. I will post when done. Thanks for laughing with me. sk

• Chris aka monkey

@SK on Elderberry okay okay wiping my tears of laughter away...all i could envision next was a cement lamp shade oh my xx