I had to retire my gardening boots

I love my hubby but he just doesn't understand the love affair I have with plants and my boots.
I have, no had, 3 pairs of gardening boots
and 1 pair of shoes. But my animal print boots were my favorite because my hubby rolled his eyes if I wore them out in public to Lowe's AND they were free. Yes free from redeeming my Walgreen's points last summer.
I am very hard on gardening boots and gloves SO each end of summer season I buy couple pairs of boots and several pairs of gloves. Hubby doesn't pay too much attention but this time he caught me taking off my muddy boots and saw my muddy socks! LOL he playfully grabbed my boot and saw all the cracks and rips and said "throw these away! We aren't poor! " I said "no way duct tape will fix them".
I PUT them up and knew they had to dry so I wore my other boots for a couple days. Then I went hunting for my boots to fix them and could not Find them. I knew right away hubby threw them away so I dug through the garbage can and found them! Looking at them i decided that would be tacky with that much duct tape so I decided to plant them with the extra Impatiens I had and Vinca that I had been trying to pull up and kill.
The boots have been at the entrance to my potting area for a couple weeks now. Hubby none the wiser until this morning when he came looking for me in the potting area and let out a "where did you get those boots? "
We laughed and then he said to me "did you plant the gardening shoes that are falling apart too? "
"Not yet-I am still wearing them"
I then decided to plant them.
i had to retire my gardening boots, gardening
My FAVE gardening boots - we all need a little animal print in our life
Shovel crack - wish they would make gardening boots with this in mind
Just one of the rips/ cracks
Wish they had these on sale this year

The Garden Frog with C Renee

• Sheila Conlon

Here is an idea for reinforcing the "shovel slit" spots. Get a SMALL bottle of Tear Mender and from the old boots cut out reinforcement pieces for the new boots 'weak spots'. Tear Mender is waterproof and works great on the rubber on the one side and the cloth on the other. That way you can have a little bit of the old with the new.

• Rhonda B

Such a cute idea!