Urgent Bathroom Reno on tight budget ?

+10

Hi we need help urgently with the minor Reno to this bathroom , on tight budget

thanks

q urgent bathroom reno on tight budget

Will remove wood strips replace with any cheaper materials

q urgent bathroom reno on tight budget
q urgent bathroom reno on tight budget
q urgent bathroom reno on tight budget

How to deal with this thanks

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Oct 28, 2018

What all do you need to do to it?

• Lorraine Lorraine on Oct 28, 2018

Get bead board panels for all the walls in bathroom, up to those wood strips(plastic ones.) remove that stuff on the walls in tub, put up the faux bead board. Fix that area that’s peeling on the paint, the colors not bad, either paint the same color or a light gray, finish the top of the bead board with mitered corners or with wood medalions. Before all this, find out how much that company that refinishes bathrooms charges for just the tub and have them spray it white.

• See 1 previous
    • Anne Anne on Oct 29, 2018

Thanks Lorraine for all the helpful suggestions & tips will give it a try

regards

anne

• Joy Elizabeth Joy Elizabeth on Oct 28, 2018

Tub and tile paint if you like a clean white look. New wall and trim paint would look great also.

• Anne Anne on Oct 29, 2018

Thanks Elizabeth for all the helpful suggestions & tips will give it a try

regards

anne

• Jcraw Jcraw on Oct 28, 2018

I would tape and paint with a water/moisture resistant paint first in that over-the-shower.

I cant tell what the shower enclosure is made of, so I’ve, or we have, no way of knowing how to brighten it up.

Maybe just get an interestingor fun Bathroom (humidity resistant) wallpaper for that upper wall/ceiling area. Over the water-resistant paint, please. There are Lots of funwallpapers on line that would suit your style. The rod can be replaced or painted.

Shower decals (and funpainted ceiling. : https://www.amazon.com/Stickers-Backsplash-Bathroom-Waterproof-Talavera/dp/B01DYG1PNW?hvadid=228972951780&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=1022082&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=8249414561560705545&hvtargid=kwd-358547787732&keywords=shower+wall+decals&qid=1540767836&sr=8-32&tag=googhydr-20&ref=sr_1_32

https://www.amazon.com/d-c-fix-Self-Adhesive-Beach-17-71-346-0644/dp/B00NGS6SQI?hvadid=228972951780&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=1022082&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=8249414561560705545&hvtargid=kwd-358547787732&keywords=shower+wall+decals&qid=1540767984&sr=8-39&tag=googhydr-20&ref=sr_1_39

I havent used these products, but at least this gives you creative ideas. They’re Amazon, so reviews easily available.

• Anne Anne on Oct 29, 2018

Thanks Jcraw for all the helpful suggestions & tips will give it a try

these are great deco stickers

regards

anne

• GBK GBK on Oct 29, 2018

I've used a spray-on product called FlexSeal in my shower and it really does water-proof it. It's made by Rustoleum. There is a smell that's super awful, though. If this is an enclosed bathroom, don't even consider it. The other product that primes anything glossy, even glass, is Bin 1-2-3. Read the label, make sure it says each surface that it primes. It will stick to that old 70's slick Masonite stuff they used to put in bathrooms. Then, topcoat it with a high-gloss enamel paint. This should last you a while, at least, and will freshen things up. Good Luck!

• Linda Adela De Hoyos Linda Adela De Hoyos on Oct 29, 2018

If you want a really inexpensive update go with a good latex satin or semi-gloss paint. You must clean the shower/tub surround board really well. I suggest a vinegar/dawn soap mixture in a spray bottle. After cleaning use a paint roller to apply paint to your walls and the shower/tub surround board. Let the paint dry at least 24 hours before using shower/tub. I have painted the surround board around my shower/tub and it holds up very well. Over the past 10-15 years I have only repainted it once. The thing is you can not scrub the walls after painting but you can use a soft cloth to wipe them down and you can always give them a fresh look with a touch up now and then.

• 2dogal 2dogal on Oct 29, 2018

Go to your nearest Habitat for Humanity Re-Store. They have everything you need for a remodel. Some things are new, some are gently used.

• Krafty Mrs.K Krafty Mrs.K on Oct 29, 2018

You will need a serious cleaner like TSP to clean the tub before using an epoxy tub paint. That tub paint should work those panels too, but it might be worth replacing them with an acrylic surround from a discount supplier. At a Habitat for Humanity ReStore you could get real tile really cheap. you have a great retro tile floor so I would use that for a color scheme.

I would DIY some storage and decor around the sink if only a skirt to hide a couple crates under the sink. A nice shower curtain can hide alot while adding decor too.

Put a fan facing out side in the window to vent fumes if you use any of the tub paints.