Add Trendy Bathroom Shelving Using an Old Wooden Toolbox

$12

I had found this old forgotten toolbox at a garage sale and just knew I had to have it, even tho I didn't know what I was going to do with it at the time. When I got home, I scoured the internet for inspiration. I saw a picture of a toolbox on the wall that was used to store books. Well, the only walls in my home that are empty are in the bathroom and the lightbulb went off! So here is the easy and quick

add trendy bathroom shelving using an old wooden toolbox

I first cleaned it up very well using a mix of vinegar and water. After the wood dried completely, I sanded off all the old paint and stain. Then again cleaned it.

Once dried, I stained all but the sides with minwax dark walnut stain, my absolute favorite! The sides were painted a light blue/gray to match some of the decor I have in the bathroom. After 24 hours, I sealed the entire piece with matte polycrylic.

The next step is to find the studs in the wall or use anchors if drilling into sheetrock and hang your new stylish decor ❤ I used 3 screws total, 1 with an anchor, to secure it to the wall. Perfect place for those extra rolls of toilet paper and to hang a hand towel.

• Moneypenny58

Cool idea, Love it!!!

• Joanie

How clever, my husband had two and we were downsizing he got rid of them.

i think they are adorable.All the things we get rid of thru the years. Would need a pole barn to save all the stuff.