From Table Top to Kitchen Island Light Fixture

$215
Advanced

I took a table top and re-purposed it for the coolest looking kitchen light fixture.

By omitting the table legs and using just the table top, then buying the perfect light pendant with correct measurements, I was able to turn a table into a beautiful (conversational piece) of perfect kitchen lighting.

These two items were used for my new light fixture. I found this beautiful table at DecorSteals. It had a lovely metal decorative trim and a wood top. I instantly thought of turning it into my kitchen lighting. The search was on for a light fixture (wayfarer) that would both fit inside the table top and would have the sufficient lighting I needed for my kitchen.

I omitted the table legs and marked the area for the center cut to drill hole to support and install the pendant bar through. I left off the individual light canopies so it would have a better fit. Once the wires and pole were threaded through the new drilled hole we went on to screwing the eye bolts to the table top.

Using some toggle anchors in the ceiling we added some heavy duty chain the same length as the rod that we decided on. (Making sure to support weight of the new fixture we had created). It fit perfectly.

The transformation is amazing. Has perfect lighting and is such a statement piece.

Now our kitchen has the perfect lighting for meal prepping. But it not only lights up our kitchen island, it helps light up the entire kitchen area. It's perfect and looks amazing.

This is the final look and is a better look than the ceiling fan that was there before.

• TABLE  (DECORSTEALS)
  • LIGHT FIXTURE  (WAYFAIR)
  • Hardware  (homedepot)

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
Gullycreekcottage