Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Flower Pot Nutcracker Soldier

$40
1 Day

Being a dancer, I love the Nutcracker! My neighbor down the street has these Terra Cotta soldiers that they put out every Christmas and I love them. I decided I was going to make my own and add a twist - make mine a Flower Pot Nutcracker solider!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

flower pot nutcracker solider

Start with 4 flower pots that are the same size. I'm using 10 inch flower pots.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I painted mine as follows:

Hat - Folk Art Chalkboard Paint

Face - Waverly Ballet Slipper

Chest - Waverly Ocean

Pants - Waverly Crimson

and I let them dry completely

flower pot nutcracker solider

I painted all of the flower pot rims in Folk Art Chalkboard Paint and let that dry.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I drew a Nutcracker face onto the ballet slipper flower pot with the rim facing up. I started by drawing my face in pencil, then I painted the eyes with Folk Art Multipurpose Titanium White paint, and the mouth with Waverly Crimson. While that was drying I used a black permanent marker to draw on the eyebrows, nose, and mustache. When the eyes were dry I used a blue permanent marker to draw on the eye, and a black sharpie for the pupil. I painted the white teeth onto the mouth and let that dry. Finally I drew over the mouth shape with the black permanent marker.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I pulled a cotton ball apart and made the beard shape and hot glued it onto the face.

flower pot nutcracker solider

On the chest, I hot glued on some embellishments of buttons and button ribbon.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I used silicone to adhere the flower pots together like this, and let dry for 24 hours.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I added ribbon embellishments to the hat with hot glue.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I added some cotton balls pulled apart for his hair.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I placed a solar light through the hole on the top of the hat.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I added an old belt to to the center between the chest and pants.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I will be spraying him with Patricia Nimmocks Acrylic Sealer to protect him and I'll let that dry for 24 hours.

flower pot nutcracker solider

I would love to have you stop by my blog    Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Kat Rogers

SO CUTE! Sadly I’d never be able to DRAW the face as even & as good as you did... Purrhaps stickers could be used, adding additional glue? GR8 Work!

Happy Holidays!

🐈

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Thank you so much Kat! Yes, you have several options - you could just make a simple soldier face, use things like google eyes, stickers, etc to make your face. Even print something out and Mod Podge it on :)

• Dana Franklin

What is the significance of using the chalk paint?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

I’m so glad you asked that question Dana. I had it on hand, so that’s one reason I used it. The other reason is I was thinking about writing messages on his hat - like welcome, Happy Holidays, etc ☺️

• Christine

did it work? I had to redo the fluff, it was weather beaten.