DIY Banner Sign

$15

How about a simple way to make a beautiful banner sign from a few easy to gather supplies!?

diy banner sign

I got some drop cloth material, paint stir sticks from the hardware store, Fabritac glue, wood stain, jute twine, a gorgeous stencil and some stencil paint. You might want a miter box saw too. This project is so versatile because you can make large signs or small signs and there area ton of gorgeous stencils available to choose from, so use your imagination and make it your own!

diy banner sign

Cut your drop cloth to fit the stencil size, no wider than your paint stir stick!

diy banner sign

Use a small saw, I like a miter box saw, to cut your paint stir stick to the desired length of your banner, then stain the stir stick with wood stain. I use rubber gloves and paper towels when I stain small projects...throw it all away when you are done. I love an easy clean up.

diy banner sign

The stencils I use are from A Maker's Studio ,they are re-usable mesh stencils that will change your crafting life! Y OU CAN GET THE STENCILS AND PAINTS HERE. Lay the stencil down on the desired spot of your banner. You simply squeegee the Chalkart paint (from A Maker's Studio too) over the stencil and get a beautiful detailed design. The stencils work on fabric, glass, wood, metal...pretty much anything!

diy banner sign

Next glue your stained wood to the top and bottom edge of your banner. I use Fabrictac glue. Allow to dry. Use some jute twine to add to the top wood piece for a hanger. Here are a few examples of the signs you can make with this idea!

diy banner sign

Gorgeous wall art

diy banner sign

Dual sided clean/dirty dish sign. If you want more info on these stencils like where to get them and how to take care of them plus other easy and beautiful DIY projects head to Hunt & Host. I'll show you what I do with things like this:

diy banner sign

• Mesh Stencils  (https://amakersstudio.com/membertoolsdotnet/shoppingcartv4/StartPublicShopping.aspx?MG=13&G1=74&G2=83&ReferringDealerID=-1&ProductID=-1&CatalogueID=208)
  • Paint stir sticks  (hardware store)
  • Fabritac  (joann)
Hunt & Host: Decorating & DIY

1 comment