DIY Gel Air Freshener

$5
1 Day

Scent your home naturally with this DIY gel air freshener made with essential oils. These are easy to make in about 15 minutes. You can make two or four at a time, and you can use different oils like I did.

diy gel air freshener

You will need:

1 cup water, divided

2 packs unflavored gelatin

1 tablespoon table salt

1-2 teaspoons essential oils (I used Apple Pie Spice and Happiness)

4 ounce mason jars

Wood mason jar lid inserts

Food coloring

diy gel air freshener

Heat 3/4 cup water and the salt in a small pan. Stir until the salt is dissolved.

Very slowly add the gelatin. If you add it too fast, it will clump.

I used a plastic whisk to stir. When all of the gelatin is dissolved, add the rest of the water and remove from heat.

diy gel air freshener

Divide the gel mixture between mason jars. This recipe will make two 4-ounce mason jars.

diy gel air freshener

Add up to a teaspoon of essential oils per 4-ounce jar. Add food coloring if desired. I use 2 drops per jar and got a dark shade.

diy gel air freshener

You can leave these open on the top, but they will dry out quicker. I love the look of these wood inserts, so I use those on top.

diy gel air freshener

Let them sit for 24 hours to set up. They will slowly release the scent for several weeks. When they lose their scent, toss the gel and make more.

Head over to my DIY air freshener post to see which oils I used and get more tips!

Everything Pretty

1 comment