How do I get rid of fruit flies w/o using insecticide?

+4

I recently saw a hack regarding getting rid of fruit flies in the house. Involved using fresh lemons, not insecticide. Have not been able to find it again. Help!

• Josieburns7 Josieburns7 on Nov 02, 2018

Just put some O.J. in a glass. cover it with some sort of wrap (I believe either Saran or Aluminum will work). Poke a hole in the top, perhaps the size of a pencil. The fruit flies will go inside and die. They don't know how to get out.

• Amanda Amanda on Nov 02, 2018

Hi Carol. I put apple cider vinegar in little bowls. Then I add a little dish soap and just enough water so the soap starts to bubble. Leave them out on your counters and you should see them starting to go into the bowls. Good Luck!

• Bernice H Bernice H on Nov 02, 2018

For me...apple cider vinegar in a small glass with just a drop or two of dawn..which is a surfactant..they love wine, or ac vinegar..and will show up in the bottom of the glass...👏. Just leave out on counter..I just brought home some fruit flies from grocery store. Grrr...I guess they are hatching as we speak. 😳

• See 1 previous
    • Bernice H Bernice H on Nov 02, 2018

Hope you get some relief..I have never had to use plastic wrap on top. The soap is what makes the surface Break so they can’t get out,and down they go.