Wooden Pumpkins Using a CD as a Mold

$12

To make these wooden pumpkins, I used a CD as a mold to mark on the wood the 12 half circles I needed for the big pumpkin and for the little one I used a small kitchen container.

Once I marked the shape on the wood, I cut them with the help of the Ryobi 9 "inch Band Saw machine

I cut the piece of wood that I was going to use as the center of the pumpkin in two pieces. One longer than the other because they are two pumpkins, one large and one smaller. You must have 12 semi circles for each one. The small one also takes 12 pieces since the diameter of the piece of wood of the center and the thickness of the half circles is equal to those of the big pumpkin. To make the semi circles for the small one you can use a round object, it should be smaller than the CD

To assemble the pumpkin, I started by gluing the pieces in this way using wood glue.

It is very important that when you start to glue the pieces you are resting on a flat surface to get them to be at the same level as the center and when you place the pumpkin in a flat surface be steady. (The picture shows how even is the center with the semicircles.)

This is what you see when you look at it from the top.

And that's it, this is how these beautiful wooden pumpkins ended up! They are perfect to decorate this season. Don't you think?

You can color it and decorate it as you wish. I preferred to leave them as the natural wood color because I love how they look. I hope you liked this tutorial and don't forget to join our facebook's group to share your crafts with the rest of the group and have the possibility that your photo is published on our Instagram account.

FOR MORE TUTORIALS VISIT MY PAGE.... HERE

DIY Tutoriales y mucho más