How do I get rid of mice in my apartment?

+12

Weather is turning cold and days are shorter. Somehow, mice have found their way in and I'm at wits end trying to rid them from my place. I tried sonic sound for rodents, set traps, deep cleaned and still have them. I can't find the source of entry and my apartment is very small.

• Tc Tc on Nov 03, 2018

Put traps under sink and behind refrigerator and stove make sure they were against the wall parallel. They only needed a size of a nickel cold to get in your apartment. Check around all types including heat and plumbing

• Seth Seth on Nov 03, 2018

Your landlord is responsible for this. Mice are a health hazard. If your landlord is resistant to hiring a professional exterminator, file a complaint with your local board of health.

• Vince schnell Vince schnell on Nov 03, 2018

Mice can fit through a hole the size of a quarter. Is there a big gap under your apartment door? If so, you can get something to slide on the bottom of your door. They are plastic, & you cut them to size. They are made to keep the draft out. They also have some thing called Tomcat. They are small plastic boxes with bait that makes the mice thirsty, then go outside looking for water & die outside, not in your house. The top of the box is clear, so you can see if they have been eating it. They come in a box of 4. Put them wherever you see mouse droppings. You can keep them in place,until the bait is gone. They do work. I've tried one of the new traps, that you throw away after the mouse is trapped inside, it didn't work. The old original traps work. I used peanutbutter, it works great. Do any of your neighbors have them? Maybe the landlord needs to get a pest control company in there.

• Fanne Fanne on Nov 03, 2018

These are excellent suggestions. I will look into getting the box traps.

Thank you.

• Julie Julie on Nov 03, 2018

Put laundry dryer sheets everywhere, tape them under counters, in drawers, under cushions. Mice stay away

Also check under your kitchen & bathroom cabinets. If there is a large opening where the water pipes & drain pipes are. then get some course steel wool & stuff it around those openings.

• Joyce Joyce on Nov 03, 2018

mouse traps!

• Stix Stix on Nov 03, 2018

Get a cat.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 01, 2021

Hi Fanne,

How about borrowing a neighbours cat?