Upcycle Tennis Raquet{Candy Cane}

$20

When I saw this tennis raquet with a looped handle at a thrift store I knew I could create a fun Christmas decoration. I saw a candy cane. I play tennis at a country club and decided I would give it to them to decorate the pro shop. It turned out so cute!

upcycle tennis raquet candy cane

With few supplies, this upcycle was fast and easy.

Paint, floral wire, Christmas floral and a bow.

upcycle tennis raquet candy cane

I started out by spray painting the entire raquet white.

upcycle tennis raquet candy cane

Then with red paint, I added the stripes. Easy.

upcycle tennis raquet candy cane

For the bow, I bought a Christmas tree bow at Big Lots. Also, got the Christmas floral there. It had wire on the back so it was easy to attach and I liked the size.

upcycle tennis raquet candy cane

I used floral wire to attach the Christmas floral pick. Then used hot glue just to reinforce it. It is kind of heavy and if the country club hangs it, I wanted it to be on good.

upcycle tennis raquet candy cane

I never knew a tennis raquet could be so festive!!!

upcycle tennis raquet candy cane

The handle of the raquet inspired me to think candy cane so keep your eye out for anything that inspires you. You just never know what it can be! Possibilities are endless!

The CSI Project

1 comment