Funky Little Desk

When we redid my granddaughter's bedroom she needed a desk to work at . We scoured around until we found the perfect size for her at Goodwill but, as is usually the case it was in pretty rough shape. So I painted it go in her new very pink bedroom.
As you can see the top was quite scratched and dinged and the legs weren't much nicer. Plus they had quite a bit of black goo that had to be cleaned off them.
I primed it with Zinzer white primer - two coats since i was going to be doing a decorative paint technique on it.
I then painted the base of the desk with white latex paint and painted each leg a different pastel color - I used pink, blue, yellow and green. Then I painted white polka dots on the legs. I did not plan them - I just did it randomly. I also painted the drawer pink and added some white polka dots.
For the top I painted a pink square then added white polka dots to it. It then received a black and white check border to set it off. Then the whole desk received three coats of wax since it was going in a little girls very busy room.
I lined the drawer with a fun glittery wrapping paper I had. I thought she would like the additional color added to the desk.
This is the finished - girly girl desk for a very pink and girly girl room. She loves it and to tell the truth - so do I.
You can check out more details and pictures by following the URL found below.

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
Check Out These 15 Beautiful Flower Ideas For Spring
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Cathy @Vintage, Paint and more....