Can I use peel and stick tiles on my fireplace?

+7

I would like to use stick and peel tiles on this fireplace renovation. Has any body else used them and was it difficult? I want to use them around the black insert. Thank you!

q how effective are stick and peel tiles on fireplace
  • Mogie Mogie on Nov 03, 2018

Mary here is a great site that shows you step by step how to do this:

https://ourhousenowahome.com/2018/02/easy-peel-and-stick-tile-fireplace-surround-makeover.html

• Rose Middleton Rose Middleton on Nov 03, 2018

i think the brick might be too rough for them to stick?

• Sammy Sammy on Nov 03, 2018

If the insert is electric. I used liquid nails to bond inexpensive mason board (very thin) cut to size to cover the brick and then used peel and stick to cover the mason board. If your fireplace is real you probably can not use peel and stick.

• Bonnie Bonnie on Nov 03, 2018

I’m going to just paint my brick! It’s pretty painted

• Cindy Cindy on Nov 07, 2018

Hi Mary. My name is Cindy. I read all of these awesome ideas and I think Sammy had the best suggestion. I'm writing to you with a little bit of advice. No matter which option you go with, please make sure all of your building materials are safe and recommended for use so close to a fire, especially the new tiles and the adhesive on them. Wishing you well. Good luck from Cindy.

• Mogie Mogie on Nov 07, 2018

Mary it was very considerate of you to thanks everyone. You kindness made my day!