Concrete Moss Pumpkins in 20 Minutes

$17

These pumpkins are so cute. They are super versatile and take under an hour to make.

Depending on the size and the amount of pumpkins you do this project can take you from 20 minutes to 2 hours to make. (not including setting times) A small 6″ pumpkin will be in the 20 minute range. Take into consideration that I mixed my concrete in small batches by hand (with a metal spoon). So it took a bit longer than if

concrete moss pumpkins

Since I was making my pumpkins really big and I wanted them lightweight so, decided to make my concrete into hypertyfa. You can get the recipe on my blog if you plan on making yours lightweight as well. (Get the recipe here)

concrete moss pumpkins

Once you have your mixture complete simply fill your tights with concrete and tie with string or use rubber bands to section it off for the pumpkin shape.

concrete moss pumpkins

concrete moss pumpkins

I let mine set for about 3 days but you don't have to. 1 day should be more than enough. Once they're set simply remove your tights and rubber bands and dust off and excess concrete powder.

Keep in mind different concretes set quicker or longer. Also some concrete is super fine and if done incorrectly might glue the tights to the pumpkin. I have the full list of the exact supplies that I used on the blog. ( https://www.lilyardor.com/concrete-pumpkin-diy/)

concrete moss pumpkins

For my moss effect I blended and sifted my moss to make it extra fine.

concrete moss pumpkins

and for the stem I used some rope which made it super quick and easy.

concrete moss pumpkins

Here's what they look like. :D :D They could be indoors or outdoors. Perfect for garden decor or to display on your front porch.

concrete moss pumpkins
concrete moss pumpkins
concrete moss pumpkins

here's a close up on the moss effect :D

concrete moss pumpkins
Lily Oleynik

• CAB

Yes, I will try this. Did you use tights or nylon stockings?

• Lori Johnson

They are so cute! Could a person paint them orange with a weatherproof paint? They'd really look natural. Easier and quicker to grow too. :D

• Mari

I would use concrete stain as a colorant. You mix with the concrete while wet.

• Hum3481597

how do you get the rope to stay in the pumpkin ?

• Wanda Rodgers

According to the list of resources for the project it looks like she used a hot glue gun.