Concrete Moss Pumpkins in 20 Minutes

$17

These pumpkins are so cute. They are super versatile and take under an hour to make.

Depending on the size and the amount of pumpkins you do this project can take you from 20 minutes to 2 hours to make. (not including setting times) A small 6″ pumpkin will be in the 20 minute range. Take into consideration that I mixed my concrete in small batches by hand (with a metal spoon). So it took a bit longer than if I would of had a mixing attachment to help mix my concrete. I’m sure that would shorten my projects time almost in half.

Total Cost : $17-$20.

(price may very. Depending on what you already have at home. My pumpkins cost me around $17 to make)

Since I was making my pumpkins really big and I wanted them lightweight so, decided to make my concrete into hypertyfa. You can get the recipe on my blog if you plan on making yours lightweight as well. (Get the recipe here)

Once you have your mixture complete simply fill your tights with concrete and tie with string or use rubber bands to section it off for the pumpkin shape.

I let mine set for about 3 days but you don't have to. 1 day should be more than enough. Once they're set simply remove your tights and rubber bands and dust off and excess concrete powder.

Keep in mind different concretes set quicker or longer. Also some concrete is super fine and if done incorrectly might glue the tights to the pumpkin. I have the full list of the exact supplies that I used on the blog. ( https://www.lilyardor.com/concrete-pumpkin-diy/)

For my moss effect I blended and sifted my moss to make it extra fine.

and for the stem I used some rope which made it super quick and easy.

Here's what they look like. :D :D They could be indoors or outdoors. Perfect for garden decor or to display on your front porch.

here's a close up on the moss effect :D

Lily Oleynik